Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This study programme is designed for those who aspire to work as Air Cabin Crew with scheduled, charter or low cost airlines. The course will provide you with the skill set to make the important first steps, with new and exciting links with industry specialists, and a mocked up cabin where experienced tutors will provide you with a realistic idea of what it is like to work in this dynamic industry.
As part of the Airline Cabin Crew study programme you will cover the following units:
- Working as Cabin Crew
- Airline Health, Safety and Security
- Aircraft Emergency Situations
- Dealing with Passengers on board an aircraft
- Cabin Service selling techniques
- Making passenger announcements on board an aircraft Additionally we will also provide training leading to college certificates in the following:
- Food Safety
- Food Allergens Awareness
- Food & Beverage Service
- First Aid at Work At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to be interviewed by a major airline. If you are successful you will be able to complete the Cabin Crew qualification before your training begins. If you are not successful or you wish to progress to a level 3 programme then you will continue to study Aviation Operations on the Ground, and examples of units covered are as follows:
- Health & Safety within Aviation
- Aviation Security
- Aviation Communications
- Airport Check-In Services Many of our former students now enjoy successful careers with UK and International airlines flying to various destinations around the world.
- You will need to be 17 or 18 to begin on the programme (this is a requirement of the industry)
- If you are 16, please apply for L048 or L100 - see website for details
- 3 GCSE grade 3/D including English and maths or a relevant level 1 qualification
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report or reference.
- Motivated to learn, a team player and an effective communicator.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular enrichment activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £80 and Educational Visits £125.
If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
Coursework, Assignments, Role Plays and Practical Simulations.
This study programme will include days out and trips throughout the year, visits from guest speakers and a guaranteed interview with a major airline. You will be expected to take part in all activities during the year.
Are you aged 17+?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
|Tuesday||13:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
|Wednesday||13:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
|Thursday||10:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £480.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form