Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is focused on gaining a vocationally related qualification in the context of exercise, fitness and health. This practically focused qualification will develop the practical skills to plan and instruct gym-based exercise and plan and implement sport and leisure activities.
Units of study will include:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
You should hold a relevant Level 2 qualification, for example a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or a standard of education equivalent to 4 GCSEs grade 4 or above (grade A*-C), preferably including English and maths.
You should have an active interest in health and fitness.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to purchase a college specifiied kit. More information will be given at interview.
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course, you could progress to employment in the sports and fitness industry or further study at Wirral Met.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1500.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Monday||11:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Tuesday||09:00 — 14:00||Oval Campus|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).