Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is designed for aspiring sports scientists who wish to pursue a career within the exciting world of sport, performance and excellence or for those wishing to progress onto university to study sport and exercise science at degree level. Sport and exercise science is the application of scientific principles to sport and exercise, achieved through one of the following three branches of science:
- Biomechanics - an examination of the causes and consequences of human movement.
- Physiology - concerned with the way that the body responds to exercise and training.
- Psychology - seeks to provide answers to questions about human behaviour in sport and exercise settings.
Students entering the College are taught first to understand and then challenge and enhance existing theory, research and practice aligned to, or influenced by, sport, physical activity, exercise and health.
Areas of study may include:
- Sport & Exercise Physiology
- Field & Laboratory — based Fitness Testing
- Biomechanics in Sport & Exercise Science
- Research Project in Sport & Exercise Science
- Sports Massage
- Nutrition for Sport & Exercise Performance
- Sports Injuries & Assessment
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old
- A relevant Level 2 qualification or four GCSEs grades 9-4 (grade A* - C), preferably including English or maths and a science subject. English or maths may be available if you don't already have both GCSE grade 4 or above.
- â€¢ You will need the ability to carry out physically demanding practical work.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
There will be continuous assessment by a variety of methods including assignments, projects, practical exercises, group work, presentations and exams.
- You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given during the interview.
- Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds.
- A few courses to study at university, are Sport and Exercise Science, Physiotherapy, Sports Journalism or Sports Coaching.
- Young people taking their first step into a new career need the right blend of practical and academic skills to support them. We know that employers and Higher Educations organisations are looking for higher skilled, job — ready individuals with a strong work ethic which you will achieve on the Sport & Exercise Science programme.
Starting 7th September 2020 - Ending - 24th June 2022
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6000.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form