Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-18 age group and will provide an introduction to employment and skills in the sport and Uniformed Service industries. The content covers a broad base of sport, health, fitness and employability skills related to Sport and Uniformed services and will enable progression to further learning at Level 2 in either discipline or an apprenticeship.
The qualification is for students who want to seek a career within sport or any of the uniformed services. At this foundation level there will be generic skills you will require whichever route you wish to take such as fitness, leadership and other employability skills.
It aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the Uniformed Services and Sport sectors
- the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services and sporting industries.
- the opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
- an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed
Units of study include :-
- Participating in leisure activities
- Planning a fitness programme
- Problem solving
- Working in a team
- Time management skills
- Improving own learning and performance
Relevant Entry Level qualification or 3GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above. Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference. If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
This course is assessed using a variety of methods including tutor-observations of practical activities, worksheets, presentations etc.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in english and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
K013 L2 Military Preparation K020 L2 Uniformed services K065 L2 Sport Diploma K122 L2 Fitness Instructor L2 Apprenticeship
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 1st September 2021 - Ending - 22nd June 2022
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £575.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form