Or Application Form & Curriculum Vitae to return to Student Services
This Level 3 course is a technical level qualification that will develop your knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career in sport and the active leisure industry as a personal trainer
This qualification is approved by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) upon successful completion of this qualification you will be eligible to register onto REPS and endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity).
Units of study will include:
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
- Programming personal training with clients Purpose This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing. Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change. Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources. Legal and professional requirements for personal training. How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to. How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Level 2 Fitness/Gym Instructor Instructor
An informal assessment will be completed to establish if you have a good level of communication as this is key in being able to converse and advise clients on individualised fitness programmes.
A general level of fitness is required as you will be required to demonstrate exercise to clients. This will be assessed during the interview process.
Satisfactory interview and satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.Office use only. Non Standard 6b.
You will need to purchase a college specifiied kit. More information will be given at interview.
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
Starting 11th January 2022 - Ending - 28th June 2022
|Tuesday||17:00 — 21:00||Oval Campus|
If you are aged 19 or over:
There are no discounts for this course, however an Advanced Learner Loan is available.
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £1100.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form