Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course has been developed to meet employment opportunities within the sport and exercise industry, or progression into higher education.
Areas of study may include:
- Practical individual Sports
- Sport in society
- Research methods
- Fitness testing
- Training and fitness
- Practical team sports
- Work experience
- Research project
- Exercise health and lifestyle
- Sports massage
- Sports injuries
- Sports coaching
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Biomechanics and nutrition
Residential weeks are also incorporated into the course further information will be provided by course tutors in induction week.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old
- BTEC First Diploma in a related subject or 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (grade 4 or above), preferably including English, maths and science
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
There will be continuous assessment by a variety of methods including assignments, projects, practical exercises, group work and presentations.
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform, you will also be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £6000.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).