Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is designed for aspiring sports scientists who wish to pursue a career within the exciting world of sport, performance and excellence or for those wishing to progress onto university to study sports science at degree level.
Areas of study may include:
- Practical individual sports
- Sport in society
- Research methods
- Fitness testing
- Training and fitness
- Practical team sports
- Work experience
- Research project
- Exercise health and lifestyle
- Sports massage
- Sports injuries
- Sports coaching
- Biomechanics and nutrition
Residential weeks are also incorporated into the course further information will be provided by course tutors in induction week.
- Priority will be given to students aged 16-18 years old
- A relevant Level 2 qualification or four GCSEs grades 9-4 (grade A* - C), preferably including English and maths.
- You will need the ability to carry out physically demanding practical work.
- Satisfactory assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform. This will be discussed at interview.
There will be continuous assessment by a variety of methods including assignments, projects, practical exercises, group work and presentations.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £4200.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).