Title

Science

Applied Chemistry BSc (Hons) Top-up level 6 - S234

12 Quays Part Time Level 6

Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services

This course, written and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), covers advanced topics typically included in the third year of a modern chemistry BSc.

This part-time course lasts 2 years. It is suitable both for day release students who are employed in an industry and those for whom part-time study is the better option.

This Applied Chemistry degree top-up is taught at our multi-million pound Twelve Quays campus in Birkenhead.

Course Details

You will study five level 6 units over two years:

  • CH3030 Advanced Concepts in Chemistry 1
  • CH3031 Advanced Concepts in Chemistry 2
  • CH3032 Chemistry through Research and Innovation
  • CH3033 BSc (Hons) Chemistry Project
  • CH3036 Chemistry for a Sustainable Future

A single module completed in one year will require about 10 hours study per week. This normally consists of between two and four hours contact time with staff in lectures, practical sessions or tutorials and the rest in private study, reading around the subject or preparing assignments.

Please note that the 'Chemistry Project' module can be work-based, accommodating those who opt to work in a laboratory while they study.

Entry Guidelines

Students with Level 5 Foundation Degree in Chemistry or Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Applied Chemistry or any other equivalent qualification are eligible to apply.

Applicants who do not fulfil the above entry criteria will be considered on an individual basis.

Assessment Method

The modules are assessed through examinations, presentations, essays, short notes, case studies etc. Coursework and practical assessments typically make up 65% of the course's assessment. The remaining 35% is attributed to a written exam.

You will find a detailed breakdown of the assessments in the module booklets you will be given at the start of each module.

Additional Information

Good links are maintained with the University and the students will have access to the UCLan library which includes e-books and e-journals.

Timetables of study and assessment calendars are provided to students following enrolment. As a guide, students are usually in classes one day a week.

Please click here for more information about the College's policies and procedures.

There are no additional costs required to complete this course.

Where can I progress to?

With a BSc (Hons) your employment prospects are enhanced, and the degree allows you to enter the job market at a higher level with a higher salary. You could potentially progress to a number of different disciplines including studying towards postgraduate qualifications, working within laboratory based industries, technical posts within education or industry, research technician and teaching in science.

The BSc (Hons) provides you with a strong set of transferable skills valued by employers.


Apply Now

Starting 8th September 2020 - Ending - 26th June 2022REF S234M001

If you are aged 19 or over:

Fee : £3895.00

The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21. Find out more about student loans for Higher Education Programmes.


Course information correct at 19.05.20

For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form

Poly

Need help choosing the right course?

Please complete the below form and one of our friendly Student Advisors will be in touch to discuss your options.

Enquire

Never miss an opportunity!

Sign up for alerts on our latest events, offers and course availability

Investors in People logo Matrix logo QQA logo Ofsted logo Disability Confident Employer logo European Union, European Social Fund logo Education and Skills Funding Agency logoLiverpool City Region and Metro Mayor Liverpool City Region logo