Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is designed to point you in the right direction to achieve quality employment in the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force or Royal Marines. You will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and motivation throughout this course to a standard expected of military personnel. You will develop your leadership skills and learn to take the initiative and become more proactive in how you manage your work.
There will be visits to military establishments to give you an insight into the work of the Armed Services. There will be day trips, as well as a number of residential trips lasting anything between one night to four nights away from home. Although the course is practically based you will need to build a portfolio of work to support your course. You will study 6 mandatory units and 2 optional units:
- Preparing for Employment in the uniformed services
- Physical fitness
- Refine Leadership skills
- Legal Implications
- Advanced Map reading and navigation
- Adventurous activities
- Service routine
- Telecommunications in emergency situations
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- A relevant Level 2 qualification or four GCSEs grades 4 or above (grade A* - C), preferably including English and maths.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment, reference and/or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will be expected to wear a uniform throughout the course and will be expected to maintain it to a high standard. Details to be discussed at interview.
Course work. To be discussed at interview.
Military standards of attendance and punctuality are expected. You will be tutored by ex-military personnel who have a wide range of experience, and who will expect a lot of you.
You will be expected to take up the opportunity to undertake work experience and/or residential experiences (up to 5 days) across all four services while you are on the course.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (Grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1987.00
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Wednesday||09:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Thursday||09:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Friday||11:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).