Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-18 age group and will provide an introduction to employment and skills in the sport and Uniformed Service industries. The content covers a broad base of sport, health, fitness and employability skills related to Sport and Uniformed services and will enable progression to further learning at Level 2 in either discipline or an apprenticeship.
The qualification is for students who want to seek a career within sport or any of the uniformed services. At this foundation level there will be generic skills you will require whichever route you wish to take such as fitness, leadership and other employability skills.
It aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the Uniformed Services and Sport sectors
- the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services and sporting industries.
- the opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
- an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed
Units of study include :-
- Participating in leisure activities
- Planning a fitness programme
- Problem solving
- Working in a team
- Time management skills
- Improving own learning and performance
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £80 Educational Visits £50 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
This course is assessed using a variety of methods including tutor-observations of practical activities, worksheets, presentations etc.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 5th September 2022 - Ending - 28th June 2023
|Monday||11:00 — 14:00||Oval Campus|
|Tuesday||09:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 16:00||Oval Campus|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £575.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form