This course is designed to give you the skills you need to either progress to higher education or into employment. The range of careers that you can progress into include: Police, Fire Service, Security, Prison Service, Armed Services, Maritime and Coastguard Agency and UK Border Agency.
Areas of study will include:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Volunteering in Public Services
In addition you will gain Information Technology skills and will have the opportunity to make use of all the College I.T. facilities. An important part of the programme will be talks and demonstrations by visiting speakers from Public Services, and visits to various Public Service establishments.
You will need to purchase and maintain a college specified uniform. To be discussed at interview
Course work. Details to be discussed at interview.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
At the end of the course, you could progress to higher education or employment. Most of the Public Services have their own entry tests, but the requirements for them will be considered during the course.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2573.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).