Or Contact Student Services to book a place
This qualification is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply their knowledge at all stages of food production. The topics covered are recognised by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
During the course you will:-
- Learn how to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
An understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene, ideally the RSPH Level 2 award in Food Safety (or equivalent).
Applicants should have communication and comprehension skills, at level 1 as there is a multiple choice assessment at the end of the course.
Office use only. Non Standard 17d.
Multiple Choice Exam.
Please contact Student Services to book your place for the day that you require. Please Note: Results and certificate can take up to 6-8 weeks to be issued by the provider.
Food Safety Level 4 Awards.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £275.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form