Or Contact Employer Services on 0151 551 7610
As a Production Chef Apprentice you will learn, as part of a team, how to prepare and cook a range of dishes using a variety of methods, presenting them to customers in a professional and appealing way.
The content of the course includes:
- Techniques for the preparation, assembly, cooking, regenaeration and presentation of food.
- Procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment.
- The scope and methods of adaptng dishes to meet the specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs of individuals.
- How to use effective communication with all colleagues, managers and customers.
- Personal development and performance and how this contributes to the success of the business.
This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and other off the job related activities.
WMC will provide apprentices with a suitable uniform to wear in our training kitchens.
You will generate an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the relevant apprenticeship standards. At the end of your programme you will be assessed through an End Point Assessment comprising of a knowledge test, practical observations and a professional discussion. You will also be required to complete English and maths Functional Skills at level 1.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be presented with further opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Starting 31st July 2021 - Ending - 31st August 2023
|Wednesday||09:00 — 15:30||Conway Park|
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form