Or Register your interest in an apprenticeship - call 0151 551 7610
This apprenticeship is for trainee Dental Nurses to enable them to meet the professional standard within the industry.
Knowledge and skills areas that will be covered include:
- Dental and regional anatomy
- Respiratory and circulatory systems
- Health Promotion and disease prevention
- Transmission of infectious diseases and their prevention
- Materials, equipment and resources
- Medical emergencies
- Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
- Dental team and GDC guidelines
- Clinical skills
- Patient care
- Patient management
- Management skills
- Taking responsibility
- Apprentices must be in paid employment, usually 30 hours a week.
- Level 2 English and maths
- Individual employers may identify other relevant entry requirements.
Apprentices will complete a GDC approved Licence to Practice qualification and if not already achieved English and Maths at Level 2.
An end point assessment comprising of a project and interview will be taken towards the end of the apprenticeship which will be independently assessed...
On achievement of this apprenticeship the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form