Or Register your interest in an apprenticeship - call 0151 551 7610
This course is designed for apprentices who are providing frontline care for vulnerable adults within their own homes, day care centres, residential and nursing homes and other healthcare settings. Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives.
By the end of the course:
An adult support worker will know and understand:
- The job they have to do, their main tasks and reponsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (safeguarding)
- How to promote health and welbeing for the individuals they suppoprt and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development
An adult Care worker will be able to:
- Carry out the main tasks and responsibilities according to their job role
- Treat people with respect and dignity and honour their human rights
- Communicate clearly and reponsibly
- Support individuals to remain safe from harm
- Champion health and well being for the individuals they support
As part of the Apprenticeship Candidates will need to achieve:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- 15 standards of the care certificate
- Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy.
- End point assessment
Following completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Care, 15 standards of the care certificate, Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy, Self assessment and service user witness testimonies. Candidates will be asked to complete a graded end point assessment.
This will include:
- A situational judgement test
- Professional discussion
Starting 31st July 2021 - Ending - 27th February 2023
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form