Or Contact Student Services to book a place
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction qualification (NC) is aimed at managers, supervisors and anybody who manages construction health and safety as part of their duties within their organisation. On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- advise on duties and manage construction risks under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- justify the need for health and safety improvements
- produce or contribute to a construction phase plan
- help manage contractors
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
- carry out a risk assessment of a construction site and manage a range of construction hazards
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- take part in incident investigations
The course covers the following construction workplace health and safety issues:
- The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Managing change and procedures
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
No formal qualifications required.
Ideally you should have at least two years experience in any area of work and have a level 2 English qualification or equivalent.
The standard of English required by the candidates studying for this award must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. If English is not your first language you should be qualified to IELTS 6.0 or higher. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
NC is assessed by an on-line Open Book Examination (OBE) based on a fictional construction site, which includes theoretical and practical application questions and a scenario-based risk assessment exercise. You will have 48 hours to complete and submit your answers.
These two units must be combined with NEBOSH unit NGC1 to gain the full NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety. See separate leaflets for details. A unit certificate is issued denoting successful achievement of each unit. A Certificate award parchment is issued on completion of all three units.
Book a Place
Starting 12th January 2023 - Ending - 20th July 2023
If you are aged 19 or over:
There are no discounts available for this course
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £350.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form