Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Managing Safely is unlike any other course. You'll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you'll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires your staff — critical to getting safety and health embedded across the whole organisation.
Managing Safely covers:
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help drive the points home over the whole course. Each module is backed by crystal-clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points.
You are expected to have a management/supervisory role involving health and safety. You should have at least two years work experience in any area of work before studying this course and have a level 2 English qualification or equivalent skills.If English is not your first Language you should be qualified to IELTS 6.5.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
The end of course assessment is in two parts. 1.The multi-format examination paper comprises a mix of multiple choice and objective questions. 2..A practical risk assessment based project carried out in the delegates own workplace. Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. They won't suddenly become safety experts — but they'll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they're responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business. Benefits include:
- Peace of mind from training that's designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals, IOSH
- Flexibility — the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business Efficient and effective learning — health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for managers and supervisors
Starting 1st July 2022 - Ending - 29th July 2022
If you are aged 19 or over:
There are no discounts available for this course
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £575.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form