Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are currently working in sport and active leisure, including osteopaths, physiotherapists, sports therapists and sports massage practitioners, the VTCT Level 4 certificate in sports massage therapy has been designed for you.
The purpose of this specialist qualification is to enrich your understanding of advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to the application of sports massage.
This will provide you with advanced analysis skills for the assessment and treatment of sports injury.
You will learn to critically evaluate massage strategies and methods to inform on future treatments.
You must be in possession of one of the following:
- VTCT Level 3 certificate in sports massage therapy or equivalent qualification.
- VTCT Level 3 diploma in anatomy AND physiology and VTCT Level 3 diploma in Swedish massage or equivalent qualifications.
- VTCT Level 3 diploma in anatomy AND physiology and VTCT Level 3 diploma in body massage or equivalent qualifications.
- Other equivalent qualifications to those identified in prerequisites 1-3. These must be approved by VTCT. Please refer to the National Database for Accredited Qualifications. (NDAQ) for further details (www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk).
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
You must be 18+ at the time of certification.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Centres may wish to deliver this qualification by distance learning; a minimum of 50% of the GLH (65 GLH) must be spent on direct teaching and supervised practice of massage techniques and assessments.
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
On successful completion of this course:
- You will be equipped to work independently or in a supervisory position
- You may be able to tutor Level 1-3 sports massage practitioners
- You may also progress to additional VTCT Level 4 qualifications or specialist VTCT qualifications at level 5
The qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for continued professional development (CPD) by the Sports Massage Association.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £811.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).