Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
If you wish to gain a vocational qualification in make-up and have a genuine interest in the world of fashion, photography and catwalk make-up, this course is for you.
You will study:
- Skin care to prepare the skin for make-up application
- Application of false lashes
- Photographic make-up
- Fashion make-up
- History of make-up
- Bridal make-up
Related skills and the required knowledge will also be studied including client care and team work.
During the course you will spend your evening in the salon working on your own models and undertaking theory sessions. You will also spend time with a professional photographer to allow you to experience a realistic working environment and build a portfolio.
During your course there may be opportunities for attending national shows and exhibitions. Once a year we hold a College competition and show and it is mandatory for you to take part as this is part of your assessment criteria. The College has industry links which have previously included MAC and Illamasqua.
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma or minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade A*- C (or grade 4 and above) including English Language
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. accurate use of an eye-liner pencil or lip-liner.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
You will need to provide your own equipment (brushes and make-up products) as advised by your tutor. These additional costs need to be taken into consideration (basic kit approximately £150).
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions. There are written assignments to complete and VTCT exams.
- An early application is recommended for this course due to its popularity. All applicants will be interviewed and there will be a written exercise to be completed and brought to this interview.
- You need to have a geniune interest in make up and skin care.
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. tutor or client and in a group as part of discussions.
- Although there is no uniform for this course it is expected that you will have a good level of personal presentation, wearing professional and appropriate clothing.
- Departmental events are run throughout the year and you will be expected to attend to represent the College, this is with a view to increasing your employability skills and adding to your industrial work experience.
- You will need to provide a variety of your own models during the course.
- You will be expected to work towards a VTCT Health & Safety Diploma if you have not already achieved this qualification. This will have an additional cost of approximately £15.
- You may be able to progress to other beauty therapy courses e.g. NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy.
- Many hairdressers find this course useful in order to offer cosmetic treatments within the salon environment.
- This is a useful qualification for those who are particularly interested in fashion make-up and also for therapists and hairdressers who want to offer bridal make-up.
Starting 2nd September 2021 - Ending - 23rd June 2022
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £941.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form