Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This full-time course enables you to develop basic skills and knowledge to an advanced level to meet industry required standards.
- During your course it is expected that you will develop advanced technical skills and knowledge to improve employability.
- You will be expected to work under pressure and stand for long periods of time.
- As part of your qualification you will take part in a photo shoot to produce a portfolio of professional images.
- During your course you will be provided with the opportunity to attend national shows and exhibitions.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- NVQ 2 Hairdressing or equivalent.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- An ability to communicate one to one with clients.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
You will need to provide your own uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximately £40). We highly recommend that you purchase your own equipment (cost approximately £98). There may be additional costs attached to the course.
Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT online tests.
An interview will be arranged where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths.
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2850.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).