Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This part-time course enables you to develop basic skills and knowledge to an advanced level to meet industry required standards.
- During your course it is expected that you will develop advanced technical skills and knowledge to improve employability.
- As part of your qualification you will take part in a hair competition and produce a portfolio of professional images.
- During your course you will be expected to attend national shows and exhibitions.
- NVQ 2 Hairdressing or equivalent.
- Applicants must be working in a salon.
- A satisfactory interview and assessment.
You will need to provide your own equipment and uniform (approximatley £150) and there are additional costs attached to the course.
Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT End Tests.
An interview will be arranged where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
This profession and course require you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
You may wish to further your management skills, consider teaching hairdressing as a career or developing related skills such as Beauty Therapy.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2850.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).