Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact the Student Advisers on 551 7777.
During this course you will study beauty therapy skills which will enable you to assist the Beauty Therapist in a salon. This is a good introduction to NVQ level 2.
This course will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training. You will get the opportunity to gain a Nationally recognised Vocational Qualification linked to your chosen career. Also, this course will help you to improve your maths and English, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for. You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly.
Part of your week will be spent working in the college salons learning basic beauty therapy skills and assisting the Level 2 students by preparing clients for treatment and Level 3 students on health farm days.
You will cover the following:
- Facial treatments
- Nail services
- Preparing the work area
- Health and Safety
- Customer service
You will also spend time in the college reception area taking responsibility for the clients entering and leaving the salon.
During your course there may be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions.
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above or a relevant Entry Level qualification.
- A genuine interest in Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- Ability to complete fine work on clients e.g. accurate use of eye liner pencil or nail varnish brush.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will be assessed practically and by completing theory work. In addition to this there are VTCT online exams.
You will need to provide a character reference or school report.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need to purchase a uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximately £40). We highly recommend that you purchase a kit to allow you to practise (approximately £50).
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £450.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).