Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification is much sought after in the beauty industry. On this course you will also have the opportunity to gain further qualifications such as the Diploma in Indian Head Massage. You will be trained using luxury products such as Crystal Clear and Dermalogica.
During the course you will spend most of your time in the salon working on one another and models.
You will study:
- Swedish massage
- Hot Stone massage
- Indian Head massage
- Electrical facial treatments including Crystal Clear
- Non-surgical face lift
- Vacuum suction to stimulate the skin and remove blockages
- Client care
How to promote an event:
- Team work
- Use of resources
Developing skills such as working with others, improving own performance and problem solving form part of the course and should help you gain employment.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products. Once a year we hold a college show and you are welcome to attend.
You will also be provided with opportunities to take part in short courses (for an additional fee). These include:
- Gellux nails
- Spray tanning
- Advanced waxing
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. accurate use of an eyeliner pencil or nail varnish brush and there are times when it will be necessary to stand for long periods e.g. delivering body massage treatments.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
Office Use Only. Non Standard 37d.
You will need to provide your own uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximatley £40). You will also need to purchase your own equipment (basic essential oil kit) at an approximate cost of £45.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions. In addition there are VTCT online exams.
You will be expected to attend a work experience placement, this will help you gain experience and knowledge of the industry.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need:
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or customer and in a group as part of discussions.
- Reading & writing skills - You will need to produce written assignments and sit written exams.
- Whilst high levels of numeracy are not required, you will need to measure products, work within specific timings etc.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
Prospects include being employed on a cruise liner, health farm, television, cosmetic companies as a representative, plus many other areas including airlines or self-employment. Further Education opportunities include progression onto the VTCT Reflexology Diploma/ Complementary therapies Diploma/ Salon Management/ Sports Massage.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2850.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).