Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is suitable for those that already hold a level 2 or 3 Hairdressing qualification, aimed at those who want to pursue a career in the fast growing barbering industry.
You will study Gents Hairdressing using different barbering techniques.
The course will include the underpinning knowledge and skills to enable you to become a competent barber. This will include:
- Health and safety
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Cut men's hair
- Cutting facial hair, beards and moustaches
- Styling men's hair
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- The art of colouring hair
- Plaiting & twisting hair
If your salon employs staff who hold an assessor's qualification you may also be able to achieve assessments in the industry. During the course you may be given the opportunity to attend national shows and exhibitions where you can see demonstrations by some of the country's leading Barbers.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
The cost of equipment is £30 for uniform and £185 barbering equipment (prices shown are approximate). If you already own suitable equipment you may not need to purchase this
Assessments continue throughout the course. Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments. In addition there are VTCT End Tests
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in english and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1300.00
Please note, this fee is the cost per year. For Higher Education (HE) courses, student loans are available to most students undertaking a degree, foundation degree, HNC / HND or teacher training programme. Visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/education/student-finance for details
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £15,736.50 annual gross salary, and you do not have a level 3 qualification.
Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Monday||09:30 — 17:30||Conway Park|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).