Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will give you the skills to enable you to assist in a salon as well as being a good stepping-stone on to a Beauty Therapy or Hairdressing NVQ.
In this course you will study basic and creative make up techniques. Related skills and the required knowledge will also be studied including:
- Client care
- Team work
- Use of resources
During your course there may be opportunities for attending national shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the countries leading make up artists demonstrate. Once a year we hold a College show and you are welcome to participate.
- A genuine interest in Hairdressing/Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- You will need the skills for fine work such as applying foundation, eye make up, and may be expected to stand for periods of time.
- Some applicants will be considered on their individual skills and experience.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report as applicable.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 26.
You will require overalls and may need to provide your own equipment (brushes and make-up products) as advised by your tutor. These additional costs need to be taken into consideration and will be discussed at interview.
Practical assessments continue throughout the course and written assignments are completed.
- This course and the hairdressing profession requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
- Reading - Much of the course material is presented in work books. You will need an ability to read and understand these work books. Technical language will be taught on the course. Writing - You will need to produce written assignments
- Whilst high levels of numeracy are not required, you will need to be able to work with treatment materials, handle money and understand the 24 hour clock system
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £280.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary, and you do not have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Wednesday||10:00 — 13:00||Conway Park|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).