Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification will provide you with the skills to communicate with the client and plan and deliver complementary therapy treatments. You will acquire the knowledge of anatomy & physiology, consultation techniques and the common effects and techniques of massage.
The units you will study are:
- Principles and practice of complementary therapies.
- Business practice for complementary therapies.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies.
- Body massage for complementary therapies.
Relevant Level 2 qualification at Pass or above or minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade 4/D and above.
A satisfactory interview and reference.
You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need a uniform. Details will be discussed with you at interview.
You will be assessed practically and by completing theory work including assignments. In addition to this there are VTCT online exams.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate competence in dealing with clients, using information for planning treatments and providing such treatments safely and effectively.
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina are very important as there are times when it may be necessary to stand for long periods e.g. delivering body massage treatments.
- You will need to provide a character reference before or at interview. The offer of a place on this course is dependent upon a satisfactory reference.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions and you will required to complete a large number of case studies; carry out and document evidence for at least 30 treatments. As some of the case study treatments will be completed outside of college time you will also be expected to ensure you have the relevant insurance to carry out these treatments, details of which will be given at induction.
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
This qualification provides progression to further training in other complementary therapies, level 4 qualifications, foundation degrees or degrees in Complementary Therapy. It will also lead to registration with:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- General Regulatory Council for Complimentary Therapies
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2600.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course. If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).