Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact the Student Advisers on 551 7777.
This course provides you with an introduction to the hairdressing and beauty therapy industry as well as developing your skills in personal and social development.
You will be taught a range of skills and techniques across the hair & beauty sector, which will allow you to assist others in the salon. Part of your week will be spent working in the College Salons learning basic hair and beauty skills and assisting the Level 1, 2 and 3 students.
This course will help you to improve your maths & English, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for.
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Styling women's hair
- Hair plaiting and braiding
- Health and Safety
- Hand care
- Skin care
During your course there may be opportunities for you to attend National shows and exhibitions.
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- No formal qualifications are required.
- A genuine interest in Hairdressing/Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- Ability to complete hairdressing skills such as sectioning hair, plaiting, setting hair, etc.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, but to enhance your learning experience further we require you to have a hair/beauty kit and uniform. Do you need support with the cost of this?
You will be assessed in practical & theory by your tutor.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
Students may be able to fast track to level 1, dependent on progress.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as VTCT Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course require you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
Starting 1st September 2021 - Ending - 24th June 2022
|Wednesday||11:00 — 16:30||Conway Park|
|Thursday||09:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Friday||09:00 — 12:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £450.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form