Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you want to gain employment in this exciting industry this course will provide you with basic skills in ladies hairdressing. You will spend most of your week in our hairdressing salons working on models and clients and on completion you may be able to progress to level 3 Hairdressing.
The course will include the underpinning knowledge and skills to enable you to:
- Styling hair
- Cutting hair
- Colouring hair
During the course you will be expected to attend National shows and exhibitions where you can see demonstrations by some of the countries leading Hairdressers. Once a year we hold a college show and you will be expected to participate.
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- Relevant Level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above including English Language.
- You need to have a genuine interest in Hairdressing.
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or client and in a group as part of a discussion.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- You will need be able to stand for long periods of time whilst hairdressing.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to wear a uniform, which consists of black tailored trousers (no leggings or jeans) and a black branded T-shirt. The T Shirt with white hairdressing branding on the back is £6.50. You must wear all black closed in shoes. You will also be required to buy a kit so you can practice your skills at home as the kit contains all you will need including PPE Apron at a cost of £195.29 which will be delivered to your home address delivery included. This will be discussed at interview.
Assessments continue throughout the course. Practical assessment tests are carried out and written assignments are completed. In addition there are VTCT Tests.
An early application is recommended for this course.
- During your interview you may be asked to completed a skills test to allow us to assess your dexterity. All applicants will need to provide a reference or school report at interview.
- Technical language will be taught on the course. You will need to produce written assignments.
- Maths skills are required as you will need to be able to measure colouring products and time treatments.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
- Employment prospects include working as a stylist in hairdressing salons in the UK and abroad.
- Further Education opportunities include progression onto Level 3 Hairdressing.
Starting 1st September 2021 - Ending - 24th June 2022
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1275.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form