Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification has been designed to prepare you for employment as a supervised assistant or for further learning in the hairdressing industry within college.
This qualification has a range of units: Create an image using colour for the hair and beauty sector, presenting a professional image to styling women's hair. Each will be underpinned by knowledge and understanding of the subject.
This qualification will give you the opportunity to perform your own basic hair services while assisting others in the salon. There are two mandatory units in this qualification;
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector and
- Present a professional image in a salon. There will then be three additional units which includes: plaiting hair, shampoo and conditioning hair and styling women's hair. You will also study a mandatory COVID19 qualification for hairdressing and barbering which will equip you with the relelvant knowledge to work safely in a salon. This will be studied and completed during the course..
Relevant Entry Level qualification or 3GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above. Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference. If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Essential hairdressing kit and uniform which your tutor will discuss at interview. Due to COVID19 you must bring your own equipment to college.
You will be assessed in a variety of different ways
- Witness statements
- Practical observation
- Audio-visual media
- Written questions
- Oral questions
- Case studies
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
L1 Diploma in Hairdressing L2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 4th January 2021 - Ending - 22nd June 2021
|Wednesday||09:00 — 14:30||Conway Park|
|Thursday||09:15 — 12:15||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form