Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact the Student Advisers on 551 7777.
During this course you will study beauty therapy skills which will enable you to assist the Beauty Therapist in a salon. This is a good introduction to level 2.
The level 1 Certificate in Beauty Therapy will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to provide basic facial skincare and make-up treatments for clients, as well as basic manicure and pedicure treatments for the hands and feet. You will gain an insight into working with others in the hair and beauty sector, and knowledge of health, safety and hygiene requirements. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the creative and specialist aspects of beauty therapy such as nail art.
You will cover the following:
- Health & safety
- Facial Skin Care
- Nail Art
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above or a relevant Entry Level qualification.
- A genuine interest in Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- Ability to complete fine work on clients e.g. accurate use of eye liner pencil or nail varnish brush.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, but to enhance your learning experience further we require you to have a beauty therapy kit and uniform. Do you need support with the cost of this?
You will be assessed practically and by completing theory work. In addition to this there is a VTCT online exam.
You will need to provide a character reference or school report.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need to purchase a uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximately £50) to include a face mask. You will need to purchase a kit to allow you to practice your skills at home (approximately £50).
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as VTCT Certificate or Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work and trips
Starting 1st September 2021 - Ending - 28th June 2022
|Monday||09:00 — 12:00||Conway Park|
|Tuesday||13:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Wednesday||09:00 — 15:30||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £450.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form