Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is suitable for those who wish to study beauty therapy on a part-time basis during the evening. The qualification gained should help you to embark on a career in this fast growing industry.
The theory for this course will be taught in the classroom. The rest of your time will be spent in our salons working on each other, models and clients.
You will cover the following:
- Skin care
- Facial massage
- Hand and foot care
- Eyelash/eyebrow treatments
- Make-up application
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Client care
- Team work
- Use of resources such as products
Although not compulsory, it is recommended that you gain some experience in the industry during the course to help you achieve your qualification.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products. Once a year we hold a College hair and beauty gala which you are welcome to attend.
- Relevant level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above.
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. accurate use of an eyeliner pencil or nail varnish brush.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to provide your own equipment and uniform, as advised by your tutor. Approximate cost £120.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions. In addition to this there are VTCT exams.
An early application is recommended for this course.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs. There will be an English assessment at this interview.
This profession and course require you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
- Employment prospects include: cruise liner, health farm, television, cosmetic companies as a representative, plus other progression opportunities including working on airlines or self-employment.
- Further Education opportunities include progression onto NVQ level 3 Beauty Therapy, VTCT Aromatherapy or VTCT Reflexology Diploma.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1100.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).