Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification will provide you with the skills to communicate with the client and plan and deliver complementary therapy treatments. You will acquire the knowledge of anatomy & physiology, consultation techniques and the common effects and techniques of aromatherapy in order to provide complementary therapy treatments.
The units you will study are:
- Principles and practice of complementary therapies.
- Business practice for complementary therapies.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies.
- Provide aromatherapy massage for complementary therapies.
- You must have a level 2 qualification or equivalent or a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above (A*-C).
- It is essential that you can demonstrate competence in dealing with clients, using information for planning treatments and providing such treatments safely and effectively.
- You will need to provide a character reference before or at interview. The offer of a place on this course is dependent upon a satisfactory reference.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will be required to purchase a kit which will contain the essential oils required to complete the course at the cost of approximately £180. You will also need a uniform.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions and you will be required to complete a large number of case studies details of which will be given during induction. As some of the case study treatments will be completed outside of college time you will also be expected to ensure you have the relevant insurance to carry out these treatments, details of which will be given at induction.
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
This qualification provides progression to further training in other complementary therapies, level 4 qualifications, foundation degrees or degrees in complementary therapy. It will also lead to registration with:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2600.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).