Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course develops those skills necessary to train for work as a welder. It covers basic to intermediate techniques required for the modern engineering industry.
The award consists of five units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using Manual MIG, MAG and Other Continuous Wire Welding Equipment
- All units have workshop content.
- No previous experience in fabrication and welding is needed
- Applicants will need to demonstrate basic English and maths skills at Entry level or above
- IT skills would be beneficial
- Satisfactory interview and assessment (including manual dexterity)
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Protective clothing such as boots and overalls will be required for workshop practice.
Students will be individually action planned and reviewed throughout the course.
Starting 20th September 2021 - Ending - 6th December 2021
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £395.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form