Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course develops those skills necessary to train for work as a welder. It covers basic to intermediate techniques required for the modern engineering industry.
The award consists of five units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using Manual MIG, MAG and Other Continuous Wire Welding Equipment
- All units have workshop content.
- No previous experience in fabrication and welding is needed
- Applicants will need to demonstrate basic English and maths skills at Entry level or above
- IT skills would be beneficial
- Satisfactory interview and assessment (including manual dexterity)
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Protective clothing such as boots and overalls will be required for workshop practice.
Students will be individually action planned and reviewed throughout the course.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form