Or Register your interest in an apprenticeship - call 0151 551 7610
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of Vehicle Maintenance. As a Vehicle Maintenance apprentice, you'll carry out routine light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintain records. On this Apprenticeship you'll spend a lot of time on your feet. Good communication plays a role, too - you'll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 1 Functional Skill English
- Level 1 Functional Skill maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill ICT
Mandatory Specialist Units
- Competency in removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Knowledge of routine light vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of light vehicle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Competency in removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Competency in routine light vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of light vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Knowledge of removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Knowledge of light vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
- Competency in removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. There are no specific academic entry requirements for the Intermediate Apprenticeship, though potential apprentices will need basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Most employers are especially interested in applicants who can demonstrate a positive â€
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).