Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification will provide learners with underpinning knowledge and related practical skills in a range of engineering subjects that they could face in an engineering job role.
Students will obtain this qualification once they have successfully completed the two mandatory units followed by the pathway mandatory units and five optional units below:
- Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety
- Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement Pathway mandatory unit:
- Fabrication and Welding Principles Optional units:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Techniques
- Metal Inert Gas/Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) Welding
- Managing Fabrication Activities
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Engineering Inspection and Quality Control
Relevant level 2 qualification at Pass or above or minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C (Grade 4 or above).
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
PPE - to be discussed at interview.
On screen multiple choice exam; Practical and theory assessments.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £4800.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).