Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This Award sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to:
- non-technical roles such as
- parts advisors
- sales and aftersales advisor
- event staff
- vehicle recovery personnel
- vehicle dismantlers
- vehicle damage assessors
- Electric/Hybrid professional vehicle drivers
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles. It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
No formal qualifications required.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not expected to have any prior knowledge or experience, however an interest in the subject area is advisable
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in english and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 24th February 2021 - Ending - 28th July 2021
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £175.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form