Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The local engineering sector within the Liverpool City Region (LCR), has highlighted common skills shortage gaps within the wider engineering workforce. This course has been developed in conjunction with Liverpool City Region (LCR), Wirral Met College and Riverside College; aimed at those with experience of working within the engineering sector (or those seeking employment within engineering), who wish to enhance and develop their skillset further in order to meet the identified requirements and to enhance their employability. This course is ideal for a technician currently working in the engineering sector who is interested in the possibility of re-training to change their role, it is also advantageous to an individual who is interested in the engineering sector but who has no formal experience and would like a course designed to offer an insight without the need to enrol on a full time qualification before exploring the sector.
Delivered across both Riverside and Wirral Met College sites, the LCR Advanced Manufacturing course (skills development) covers the following units:
Wirral Met Delivery (12 weeks — stating 11th January '21):
- Welding Technologies — Introduction to / skills development of MMA, MIG & TIG Welding
- Lean Manufacturing, Business Improvement Techniques and Continuous Improvement
- Electrical and Electronic — Introduction to / skills development of electrical laws and formulae, circuit construction / prototyping, soldering techniques and electrical measurement
Riverside Delivery (12 weeks — starting September '20):
- CAD — Introduction to / skills development of CAD 2D/3D engineering drawings
- CAM — Introduction to / skills development of CAM manufacturing / CNC machining
- Renewables - Introduction to / skills development of power generation, electrical theory, solar cells and wind energy
- PLC - Introduction to / skills development of PLC's and their usage within engineering. Process theory, testing and control
Relevant Level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above. Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference. NB: There are no formal entry requirements although a keen interest or background in engineering is essential If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Protective fireproof overalls, welding mask, welding gauntlets and steel toe capped footwear. Lever arch file pens, pencils and paper etc.
You will be assessed through a number practical tests and observations after each unit.
The course has a large element of workshop practical activities.
This course is designed to show some of the newest engineering technologies that are in short supply across the region, this course could lead to a full level 2 qualification in a chosen field or employment in a new engineering sector role.
Starting 22nd February 2021 - Ending - 28th June 2021
|Monday||17:30 — 21:00||12 Quays|
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £750.00
This course is FREE if you are - aged 19+ and live in the Liverpool City Region. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, you are unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits, or in work earning less than £17,004 annual gross salary, or you are aged 19-23 and have not already achieved a full level 2 qualification, this course is FREE. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form