Or Register your interest in an apprenticeship - call 0151 551 7610
As an Advanced Apprentice in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair you will carry out light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, diagnosing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
The Apprentice framework includes the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skill English
- Level 2 Functional Skill maths
- Level 2 Functional Skill ICT
Mandatory Specialist Units
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- Knowledge in diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle chassis system faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours per week. Apprenticeships where the Apprentice is working and studying for less than 30 hours per week are by exception only. In any circumstances the Apprentice must not work for less than 16 hours per week. Entry to the Advanced Apprenticeship could be upon completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, a Level 2 vocational qualification, GCSEs, A-Levels or extended work experience in the industry.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Most employers are especially interested in applicants who can demonstrate a positive â€
Please contact Employer Services team on 0151 551 7610.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Thursday||09:00 — 16:00||12 Quays|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).