Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is now closed due to popular demand.
This qualification is for:
- Those starting the first level of training as a professional counsellor
- Those who want to learn counselling skills in other professional or helping roles
- Those who want to improve their professional and personal relationships as part of personal development
This qualification could lead to employment or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles. It provides an additional skills for those already in employment likely to lead to increased opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Course Details Course overview
- Use counselling skills ethically and safely
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role
- Work empathically as a helper
- Focus on the helpee's needs and concerns
- Use self-awareness in helping work
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills
Minimum of 3 GCSE at grade D or above. This qualification is not suitable for those who are currently in a state of severe emotional difficulty and/or severe psychological confusion. Please be aware that the course involves experiential elements that will involve some personal disclosure and associated personal developmental activities.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
85% attendance is required but 100% is expected due to the experiential nature of the course. Please be aware that if your long term goal is to work with vulnerable adults or any person under the age of 18, it will be necessary to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at any required college work placement, or eventual place of work.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £640.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Monday||13:00 — 17:00||12 Quays|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).