Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will develop your basic painting and decorating skills to further enhance your practical skills. On completion you can progress to the Level 3 Diploma.
Students will complete the following units for both practical and job knowledge:
- 230: Creating and applying colour
- 201: Health, safety and welfare in construction
- 202: Principles of building, construction, information and communication
- 220: Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- 215: Preparing surfaces for decoration
- 216: Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- 217: Applying standard papers
- 218: Producing specialist decorative finishes
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above and successful completion of a skills test.
Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Students will be expected to supply their own steel toe capped footwear, white bib and brace overalls, a note pad and pen. A workbook is provided for each student.
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Successful completion of this course may mean you can progress to NVQ level 2 Painting and Decorating (if you gain an apprenticeship) or the Level 3 Diploma Painting and Decorating.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1275.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).