Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The course focuses on the essential elements of Computer Aided Draughting and Design using AutoCAD software.
It would also be useful if you wish to update your CAD skills from older versions of AutoCAD or convert your skills from other CAD software.
The course covers:
- Using snap and grid to enter drawing details
- Using co-ordinate systems to enter drawing details
- Editing drawing using command such as copy, mirror, scale
- Detailing drawing with dimensions and text
- Producing hard copy outputs (printing and plotting)
There are no formal entry criteria but applicants should be able to:
- Demonstrate IT skills appropriate to the demands of the course.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at level 1 in English.
- Develop ideas for a final project.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 21a.
- Progression as a CAD technician.
- Progression to C & G 4353-02 2D Computer Aided Design Level 3.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £420.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary, and you do not have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).