Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner's knowledge and awareness of children and young people's mental health. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people which would support progression onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
In this qualification, children and young people refers to an age range of 5 to 18 years old.
This is a knowledge-only qualification, therefore, work experience is not mandatory, however experience of working with children and young people would be valuable.
5 Mandatory units exploring children and young people's mental health:
- Understand children and young people's mental health in context
- Understand factors which may affect children and young people's mental health
- Understand children and young people's mental health concerns
- Understand the impact of children and young people's mental health concerns
- Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
- be at least 18 years old.
- have GCSE in maths & English grade D/3 or above, or level 2 Functional Skills and experience of working with children and young people in a child care or education setting.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To achieve this qualification, learners are required to successfully complete all 5 mandatory units. All units will be individually internally assessed using a range of methods.
There maybe funding available depending on circumtances
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Workbased Introduction to Early Years Care and Education N093
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools N059
- Level 2 Playwork Diploma N058
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £750.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).