Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This Level 4 qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for practitioners working in the early years workforce at Level 3. This qualification will embrace the wealth of experience of the Level 3 early years workforce, and challenge you in both your daily practice and theoretical understanding.
You will acquire and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as you complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be equipped as an Advanced Practitioner. The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the early years workforce.
The content covers the range from 0-5 years and includes the following areas:
- Enabling children to learn
- Promoting health and well-being
- Special educational needs
- Working with families — implementing change
- You must be 18+ years and hold a full Level 3 early years / childcare qualification.
- This is a work-based qualification. You must be employed in an early years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification
- GCSE grade C in English/maths ( or equivalent)
At interview you will need to:
- Show evidence of qualifications and role/responsibilities.
- Show that you are motivated and committed
- Provide a positive reference
Students will have support from a Trainer Assessor within the Real Work Environment who will assess and support your completion of an e-portfolio of evidence.
To gain this qualification the student will need to complete the 5 mandatory units.
This qualification will suit students who are looking to develop leadership and specialist skills for use in their current role, or in preparation to take on a specialist role such as Special Educational Needs Coordinator or a Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator.
This qualification is eligible for an adult learning loan.
You could progress to a Level 5 qualification such as the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (England). The qualification will also prepare you for further study of early years in higher education.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo)
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £750.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course. If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Wednesday||17:00 — 21:00||12 Quays|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).