Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course will provide you with the opportunity to develop basic knowledge and skills in caring for children.
This programme will enable you to study a wide range of skills, all of which will help you on your chosen career pathway, moving into employment or further training. You will get the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised vocational qualification linked to your chosen career. Also, this programme will help you to improve your maths, English and ICT, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for.
You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly. This qualification aims to give learners the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed for caring for children. The units will introduce learners to the main aspects of caring for children.
- This is a study programme for students 16-18 years.
- Relevant Entry Level qualification or 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above.
- Satisfactory interview and two positive references
- Present a record of achievement from your last school.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
This is a 16-18 Study Programme
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C or grade 4 and above in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £850.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary, and you do not have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Wednesday||10:00 — 15:00||12 Quays|
|Thursday||12:30 — 15:30||12 Quays|
|Friday||09:00 — 14:00||12 Quays|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).