Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Photography provides learners with opportunities to develop a range of skills needed for a career in the lens-based media sector, while also supporting routes into higher education.
This level 3 course explores a diverse range of technical and creative disciplines within Photography.
Students will build a grounding foundation in both digital and film formats, developing skills that will enhance them to progress internally to our HND or HNC Photography programs, other HE courses or straight into the industry.
Students will learn how to use professional camera equipment, darkroom, studio and editing software.
Exploring a range of topics within photography such as, portraits, journalism, experimental and advertising. As well as looking into the work of key practitioners, learning how to analyse and critically reflect, both their own work and the work of others.
With opportunities to exhibit work, take part in workshops, meet guest speakers and trips, students will be able to explore and develop photography skills on this exciting and diverse course.
Priority will be given to candidates aged 16-18 years old.
- 4 GCSE's at grade 9 - 4/A* - C (including English and preferably Maths) or a relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit.
- A satisfactory interview and assessment.
- A satisfactory reference.
Students enrolled onto this course are expected to bring the following equipment to every session:
- 16GB SD Card
- USB portable storage device
- General stationary
This course is assessed through a variety of written and practical assignments. There are no external exams.
At interview you will need to:
- Show evidence of current or predicted GCSE grades/qualifications.
- Show that you are a motivated and committed with good attendance and punctuality.
- Present a school report from your current or most recent place of education.
- Present a positive school reference from your current or most recent place of education.
Students will receive an Art and Design certificate on the successful completion of this diploma.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study Programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 yar old which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you dont already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £7500.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification.
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).