Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course offers an introduction into the Art sector, developing drawing skills and attributes that you need in order to develop confidence in your ability to work, learn and achieve at this level.
The course is made up of one unit - Drawing Materials and Techniques. You will be given the opportunity to cover a range of drawing materials and methods and will include topics such as:
- Life Drawing
- Still Life
- Observational Drawing
- Whilst there are no formal entry requirements for this programme, you must be interested in art and be committed to regular attendance.
- You will need to communicate with fellow students and your tutor.
- You will be required to annotate and comment on your own work so basic literacy skills will be required.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
You will need to purchase some materials for the course - full details will be given at enrolment.
This course is equally suitable for school leavers and mature students. The course is suitable for beginners and those with some previous experience.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £85.00
Please note, there are no discounts for this course.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).