Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is accredited by University of the Arts London (UAL). The course is designed to help you to develop competence in all areas of Art and Design practice. You will experience work in the following areas: Drawing, Communication Skills, 2D Creative Problems, 3D Creative Problems, Time-based Art and Contextual Research.
The course is designed to offer a wide range of art and design experiences, developing skills and theory in the following:
- Digital Media
You will use a variety of equipment, materials and techniques and gain experience in presenting work for an exhibition.In the first term you will have an introduction into all the above areas of art and design, followed by two specialist option projects in the second term, where you will choose to focus upon two of the areas listed above. During the third term you will carry out your final major project in the area of your choice, using the skills you have developed throughout the programme.Full award = Eight Units. There are also Educational visits to sites of Artistic or Cultural significance, some visits have included Grizedale Sculpture Park, Liverpool Tate, Lady Lever and Walker Art Galleries.
- This is a study programme for students who are 16-18 years.
- Level 1 qualification or 3 GCSEs or more at Grade 3/D.
- Portfolio of Art work showing a range of observational drawing, painting and mixed media studies
- Satisfactory interview, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Basic art equipment, pen drive and A1 portfolio folder essential.
Assessment through practical project/assignment work with a final major project.
For careers information see National Careers Service
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C or Grade 4 or above in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £2100.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary, and you do not have a level 3 qualification.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2019-20.
|Wednesday||09:00 — 14:00||12 Quays|
|Thursday||09:00 — 16:30||12 Quays|
|Friday||12:30 — 16:00||12 Quays|
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).