Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This is the first year of the full AAT qualification. It is an internationally recognised professional course which will give you the skills to excel at a wide range of accounting and finance jobs.
this qualification will prepare 16-19 year olds for junior and entry level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration, covering areas such as double entry bookkeeping and basic costing principles, alongside complementary business communications and personal skills.
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting software
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Business communications and Personal skills
- Developing Lifelong Learning Skills
- Introduction to Business and Company Law
- Introduction to Payroll
4 GCSEs with a minimum of grade 4/C or above in mathematics and English.
Satisfactory interview and assessment.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office Use Only. Non Standard 35a.
Appropriate office/business clothing to be worn. Guidance can be given if requested.
By computer based assessments
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Officer
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
- Trainee Accounts Technician
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme will be FREE for most students who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, or students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £1075.00
This course is FREE if you are aged 19+, unemployed/in receipt of eligible benefits or in work earning less than £17,550 annual gross salary (or £9/hour), and you do not have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2020-21.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus. Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11 to 4pm and Wednesdays 4 to 6.30pm (term time only).