Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The course focuses on the essential elements of Computer Aided Draughting and Design using AutoCAD software.
It would also be useful if you wish to update your CAD skills from older versions of AutoCAD or convert your skills from other CAD software.
The course covers:
- Using snap and grid to enter drawing details
- Using co-ordinate systems to enter drawing details
- Editing drawing using command such as copy, mirror, scale
- Detailing drawing with dimensions and text
- Producing hard copy outputs (printing and plotting)
There are no formal entry criteria but applicants should be able to:
- Demonstrate IT skills appropriate to the demands of the course.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at level 1 in English.
- Develop ideas for a final project.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Office use only. Non Standard 21a.
- Progression as a CAD technician.
- Progression to C & G 4353-02 2D Computer Aided Design Level 3.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
When does this course run?
Starts 04th Sep 2018 - Ends 25th Jun 2019
If you are aged 19 or over:
Fee : £390.00
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
Depending on your personal circumstances, this course could be FREE for you if you are aged 19-23 and you do not already have a level 3 qualification. Please see our Fees and Discounts leaflet for details, or call 0151 551 7777.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 2017-18. Course fees for 2018-19 will be confirmed in due course.
Planned Timetable Day Times Campus Tuesday 18:00 — 20:00 Wirral Waters
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services on 0151 551 7777 or call into our Conway Park Campus Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm (all year round) and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-6.30pm (term time only).
This information was current on 19th July, 2018 and may be subject to change.